Hello Group,

I installed my tomcat 6.0 last week.  And first time I was able to see the
default page, which sits at

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/index.html

all right on Firefox browser and not on IE.

But today I am not able to see the page on any of the browser.

During this period I did change the tomcat-users.xml file from

username=admin to username=<my user name> and back to username=admin.  And
the trouble started thereafter (I think).

I have two questions here.

1.  Why was I able to see the default page in Firefox and not in IE.
2.  Now what happened between yesterday and today so that I am not able to
see the default page on any browser.

I can see all my webapplications on both browsers, the trouble is with only
the default page.

Do I need to tweak some settings.

Thanks in advance.

Nagrik