----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Willeke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:39 PM
Subject: JNDI Realm

We had this working with Tomcat 5.5 and now with Tomcat 6 we are having issues.

The Docs (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/realm-howto.html#JNDIRealm)
"Place a copy of the JNDI driver you will be using (typically ldap.jar
available with JNDI) inside the $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory."

Where would you find such a "ldap.jar" file as JNDI has been built
into the base Java since 1.4?

Jim the idea is that various vendors can have their own providers, thats why I think its not part of tomcat. Sun has a standard implementation here http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/downloads/index.html Then this guy seems to have it all figured http://www.aliabdelaziz.com/?q=node/1
And then you just need a Ldap server somewhere.

Good luck...

The only real POJO Application Server.