One of our customers installed 5.5.26 and got into trouble when trying to
upload a war file. The following exception occurs:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/io/output/DeferredFileOutputStream
 at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.DefaultFileItemFactory.createItem(DefaultFileItemFactory.java:103)

We are still using a Tomcat 5.0.xx version. There DeferredFileOutputStream
is part of commons-fileupload and it seems the class has been moved to
commons-io, which is not in the 5.5.26 installation set (in the zip file at
least). I checked the zip for 5.5.25 and there the DFOS class is still in
commons-fileupload.

Should I recommend downloading and installing 5.5.25 or can I just download
commons-io and put it next to commons-fileupload. Or do I have to change
some classpath as well somewhere.

Using the Tomcat server as standalone server.