Hi,

Can anybody tell me which environment variables tomcat uses? I am pretty
sure it uses JAVA_HOME for core java, and I am guessing it uses the web
application directories for classes belonging to web apps under it.

The reason I am asking this is that I have a jar file clash on my
development machine, and when I try to run a certain class I get the error:
java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
javax/xml/rpc/Service class.

I am pretty sure this is because I have 2 copies of a class located in
different jar files, I googled this and a lot of links point to CLASSPATH,
but my CLASSPATH variable doesn't really have anything in it:

C:\Program Files\gemplus\gac\GATicket.jar;C:\Program
Files\gemplus\gac\iaikPkcs11Wrapper.jar

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Paul Ockleford

This message  may  contain  confidential  and  privileged information.
If you are not  the intended  recipient please  accept our  apologies.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute  information in this e-mail
or take any  action in reliance on its  contents: to do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has
gone  astray  before  deleting it.  Thank  you for  your co-operation.

NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
messages  are sent every day by the system.  To find  out why more and
more NHS personnel are  switching to  this NHS  Connecting  for Health
system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail