From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 2:54 AM
Subject: RE: Access static content ("logs" folder) ?

From: Johnny Kewl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Where were you yesterday?... cant leave me alone here,
hey..... and run off and play golf  ;)

That's what my boss does - and she's very good at it; never tried it
myself.  I drive on race tracks, fly airplanes, and today, play tennis and
go eagle watching.
    Cut the wings off your plane, put it into an inverted spin, and try land
it on a tennis court --- thats golf, with 17 to go ;)

Wanted to ask you if its possible to enable a listing for
just one webapp... couldnt figure that out.

Yes, it can be done.  You have to create a WEB-INF/web.xml file under the
webapp's docBase, declare its own DefaultServlet, and set the listings
value to true.  >For example:

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
    version="2.5">
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>logdefault</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>logdefault</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

Note that you must change the <servlet-name> to something that doesn't
conflict with what's in the global conf/web.xml file.
    Ah... this is what I got wrong, thx.

.