Bill Davidson wrote:
Rainer Jung wrote:
André Warnier wrote:
And, again in other words, if this parameter was set to Off, and Tomcat generated a new session and a JSESSIONID session cookie for this session, that the cookie would thus not be marked secure ?

Didn't try this. What does your tests say?

Oooh! I may want to try this. I may not have needed to change my app at all.

Yep, I thought you might be interested.
But had this come up sooner, it would have deprived us of a lot of interesting information.

By the way, the reason why I can't try it right now is that I just don't have the application to try it with. So whatever I mentioned before (but which apprently so far seems ok) was purely by attempting to understand the documentation. Beware.

And by the way, I do not know who's in charge of that, but should this all turn out to be true, I think that a small addendum in the "JkExtractSSL" item of the page "http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html";
might avoid a lot of soul-searching in the future.
Like the phrase :
If you set this parameter to "Off", then Tomcat will not know that the browser-Apache connection took place under HTTPS, and will treat it as a simple HTTP connection. See ... for more details.

André