Thanks, but I've tried them both and no luck.  The Tomcat wiki tells me how
to compile php for tomcat, which i have no intention of doing.  The second
one tells me i must unjar the phpservlet.jar file and fiddle with some
properties.  But I know I don't have to do this.  My work computer has been
set up to use PHP and Tomcat and it works fine.  But I (and everyone else at
work) can't find whatever magic was performed to get it to function.

BTW: does Tomcat have an equivalent to phpinfo(); ?  I would like some way
to exam the internals of Tomcat.

How difficult is it to set up apache on windows?  It doesn't come as a
binary as i recall, and i'm loath to go about compiling C/C++ on a windoze
contraption :-[