> From: Zsolt Koppany [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: JSESSIONID doesn't contain the port
>
> we have two web applications running on the same host (with
> the same tomcat) but on DIFFERENT ports.

For curiosity's sake, why are you doing that?

> Buf, if one tomcat application refers on URL of the second
> application the browser (FF-2.0.0.14 IE-6) get a NEW a new
> JSESSIONID thus the browser looses its session-id to the
> first application.

In looking at the cookies my browser happens to have stored, I don't see any
port number as part of the cookie information, even when created by websites
with non-standard ports.  Perhaps you have an application error in that either
the sending webapp is leaving out the JSESSIONID cookie when constructing the
forward or the receiving webapp is arbitrarily creating a new session when it
receives the forwarded request.

The above assumes the webapp share the same domain, of course.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.