> From: Hacham, Lital [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Update tomcat service (of version 5.5)
>
> Since I want to perform this automatically from my code I'm
> running the command from the command line.

The current doc for procrun (http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html) has
separate parameters for minimum and maximum heap sizes: --JvmMS and --JvmMx;
this appears to be what the launcher expects, rather than using ++JvmOptions.
However, I had no problem using either method on my Windows box.

> "Tomcat\bin\tomcat5.exe" //US//serviceName -Startup Auto
> ++JvmOptions -Xms512m;-Xmx1024m

The above has unnecessary quotes around the executable, and is missing the
double hyphen before Startup; also, "Auto" should be "auto" according to the
docs, but it didn't seem to make a difference on my system.

This works for my setup:
tomcat5.exe //US//Tomcat5 --Startup auto --JvmMs 512 --JvmMx 1024

Are you sure you have the service name correct?

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.