> From: Rainer Jung [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Logging] Facility Specific Properties
>
> > if (myLogger.getLevel() >= Level.WARNING)
> > {
> >     myLogger.warn('This is a warning'); }
>
> More precisely:
>
> if (log.isDebugEnabled())
>     log.debug(SOMETHING);

I think one of the confusing things about the current logging environment is
the lack of documentation about the mapping between commons-logging and
java.util.logging levels and APIs, as implemented by JULI.  For example, c-l
has six logging levels, whereas as j.u.l has seven; some of the mappings are
obvious, some are not.  (Yes, I did find the mappings in the DirectJDKLog.java
source.)

In the above snippet from the last two e-mails, Ole uses java.util.logging
APIs, and Rainer responds with commons-logging; it's not clear when it's
appropriate to use one or the other.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.