Hassan Schroeder wrote:
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 8:06 AM, W Strater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am trying to hide the JSP so they can only be accessed via a forward. I have
been able to put them in a subdirectory of WEB-INF using other containers but
have not been able to do that with Tomcat 5.5.

That /is/ the correct approach.

/WEB-INF/classes/HelloWorld.class

If that's literal, it's wrong -- your classes need to be in  a package.

I get the following errors:

09:22:57,253 [[/app].log 636] INFO  - Marking servlet
org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.WEB-INF as unavailable

Are you trying to use the invoker servlet?

Sorry for the delay but Yahoo web client does not handle ezm attachments you get with a digest and I could not find any way to reply from the list.

The invoker is one of our dirty little secrets. I was put on an 8+ year old project that not only uses the invoker but uses single-threaded model. I was trying to hide the fact but the stack trace blew my cover. It turns out that was a good thing.

I believe the problem is a "bug" in the invoker since the problem went away when I loaded the servlet without the invoker. Looking at the invoker code, I see it trying to load the JSP page as a class and failing completely before it gets to the code that loads it as a JSP.

Wes.