> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat and jar loading
>
> Are the references to all jar files in common\lib and
> shared\lib loaded on server startup?

Not sure what you mean by "references" in the above.  Regardless, each
classloader creates its classpath from the set of jars that exist *at startup*
in its associated directories.  Adding a jar to a lib directory will require a
restart of the component - either Tomcat itself or an individual webapp.

You should be able to add (but not replace) individual files in the classes
directories on the fly.

I hope the book you bought is appropriate for the version of Tomcat you're
using; a lot of them are sadly out of date, so be careful.  Read the real
Tomcat docs first.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.