Hi All,

I'm working on a project which has developed a need to push data from the server to browsers. In the short term, the numbers of browsers will be moderate, but in the long term, it appears that we will need to scale up to very large numbers, so the 'one thread per connection' issues
of Comet and Pushlets will become significant.

1) Clearly using NIO will help. My understanding is that NIO works ok with Tomcat 6; is this correct?
Can it also be used in 5.5?

2) Is there any analogue of Jetty 6 Continuations available in Tomcat? They sound like a good mechanism for this problem. Does anyone on the list have any experience with them?

More generally, does anyone have experience with a solution to our problem (large-scale pushes from server to browser)?

Thanks in advance,
Ken Bowen