> > Basically, I open a user session and go through various
> pages on my app.
> > After a couple of clicks, the app just brings me back to
> the start page.
> > I'm monitoring logs from both sides and I see that as soon
> as it comes
> > back in error and brings me to the login page, activity switches to
> > the other app server (the one that I wasn't using prior to
> the problem).
>
> Just to make sure: what kind of error do you mean here? The
> httpd timeout and that is not the only source of lost
> stickyness, or some application error? If it is an
> application error, it would not be too strange, that the
> application invalidates the session.

By "error", I just meant that I'd get redirected to the login page
instead of the expected page. Sorry to confuse. There are no error
pages, logs or messages. Just that I got switched to a different node.

> > Good catch, though. I've added "nofailover=On" to the
> ProxyPass line
> > and tested it. Again, in the middle of the session, it switched to
> > another node and I lost my session again. So not likely an
> > error-induced failover.
>
> If you want to debug a little more: In Tomcat you can add a
> %S to your log pattern, which will log the session id. In
> httpd you can log the Set-Cookie outgoing header
> "%{Set-Cookie}o" and the JSESSIONID cookie "%{JSESSIONID}C".
> If you are not using cookies, you can of course see the
> jsessionid path parameter dircetly in the logged URL.

Thanks. I'll do that. (First time apache troubleshooter here). I'll get
back on the results.
--

Richi