Hi, Jonas

Regarding your previous e-mails where you tried to overwrite
META-INF\context.xml.

Please note, that at deployment time this file is copied to
/conf/Catalina/localhost/<application_name>.xml

I think that you should either update the copy of that file and then
restart Tomcat.
If you update META-INF/context.xml then redeployment of the application
is required.

I guess that some of your actions with Eclipse IDE are causing redeployment.
Maybe it is the step that calls "Run As..".

Also, I suggest you to look at JMX interface of Tomcat.
It allows to query and tune server components at run time.

JMX servlet in Tomcat Manager application is an example of using it.

(search the archives for more info on JMX)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko