Date sent:              Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:45:35 +0200
From:                   Ljuba Veselinova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                HTTP Status 404 -
/examples/servlets/servlet/HelloWorldExample
To:                     Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Send reply to:          Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

> I trying to get Tomcat 5.5.17 to work with Apache 2.2.4 on a windows
> XP machine. The ultimate goal is to install ArcIMS 9.2 on this machien
> but I am not there yet. For right now, I'm having connectivity issues
> between Tomcat and Apache.
>
> I am following the instructions from
> http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techArticles.articl
> eShow&d=31524
>
> The Apache seems to be succesfully installed but when I try to run the
> HelloWorldExample, I get the following error
>
> ===========Error Screen Starts Here
> HTTP Status 404 - /examples/servlets/servlet/HelloWorldExample

> ----------
>
> type Status report
>
> message /examples/servlets/servlet/HelloWorldExample
>
> description The requested resource
> (/examples/servlets/servlet/HelloWorldExample) is not available.

> ----------
>
> Apache Tomcat/5.5.17
> ============Error Screen Ends here
>
> Please advise on how correct this. Any pointer to relevant
> documentation will be greatly appreciated as well.

The url is incorrect for Tomcat 5.5.x versions. The HelloWorld example is at

/servlets-examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

The url provided is from Tomcat 6.x version.

Any urls you see above should be verified first by going through Tomcat first:

http://localhost:8080

then navigate through to where you need to go.

These are the docs. for Tomcat 5.5

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html

-Steve O.