Nope.... I do it on my production server and it works like a charm. Just have to add address="127.0.0.1" to your AJP connector in server.xml to force it to bind to the loopback.

--David

Bill Davidson wrote:
Assuming httpd and tomcat are running on the same machine,
would it be best to run the mod_jk connection on the loopback
rather than the primary ethernet?  Any disadvantages to the
loopback?

It seems like it might be more secure since other machines
would not be able to make a direct connection tomcat at all.

Am I missing anything obvious?