I don't think "1000*60" is a valid expression for timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis -- at least I've never tried putting math expressions where an integer constant should be. It should be set to 60000. Also are you keeping your connections in code or closing them when finished? They should be closed as soon as reasonable so they can return to the connection pool.

--David

Ken Bowen wrote:
Unfortunately, overnight produced the same Exception, even with the settings described.
Any other thoughts anyone?

--Ken