From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: context.xml and custom realm

> From: Jeff Powell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: context.xml and custom realm
>
> I created a auth.conf file in my $CATALINA_HOME/conf and
> pointed the JVM to it.

How?  You should be setting the system property
java.security.auth.login.config just for Tomcat rather than changing the
global configuration, which affects every JVM execution on the system.

> /usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/auth.conf:
> dropInv {
>         com.ips.security.UdLoginModule required;
>         loginFile="VALIDATION";
>         loginKey="100!IPS.DROP.AUTH";
>         userAttr="3";
>         credAttr="4";
>         roleAttr="5";
> };

What do you expect JAAS to do with things above that aren't LoginModule
class names?  LoginModules are the only things allowed here.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.