I can see a couple of issues:

1. It's not recommended to have <Context ... /> elements in server.xml. It works, but not recommended.

2. The Host's appBase and context's docBase attributes cannot point to the same directory. It worked in older versions of tomcat, but that behavior was considered a bug and fixed. Typically the appBase is set to the parent of your webapp. In your case, I recommend creating a directory named ROOT in "/var/www/mySitelocal_stage/philly" and moving all the webapp's files and folders into it. Then remove the <Context ... /> element entirely from server.xml.

--David

Tomcat User6 wrote:
I am facing a problem in my application with " tld not found" error.

The absolute uri: http://www.mySite.com/tags-abc cannot be resolved in
either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

Here is my directory at server "/var/www/mySitelocal_stage/philly" (philly
is my application root directory)

Here is the taglib entry in web.xml file

   <jsp-config>
        <taglib>
            <taglib-uri>http://www.mySite.com/tags-abc</taglib-uri>
            <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/abc.tld</taglib-location>
             </taglib>
    </jsp-config>

My abc.tld is at /WEB-INF/ directory.

when I try for first page with "stage2.philly.mySite.com "it works fine. No
errors at all. But when I try "http://stage2.philly.mySite.com/events/index.jsp"; it gives
me the error for tld.

The absolute uri: http://www.mySite.com/tags-abc cannot be resolved in
either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

Both the "first page's jsp" and "events/index.jsp" is having the tld
included as

<%@ taglib uri="http://www.mySite.com/tags-abc"; prefix="app" %>.

My home page is directly under /WEB-INF/ folder., where as for second URL I
have "/WEB-INF/events/index.jsp"

The atrange thing is, whe I try this application on my local machine, it
works fine with both the URL. but on server it fails.

I have server.xml entry on Server as below:

<Host name="stage2.philly.mySite.com"
  appBase="/var/www/mySitelocal_stage/philly"
  unpackWARs="true"
  autoDeploy="false"
  xmlValidation="false"
  xmlNamespaceAware="false">
  <Alias>stage2.philly.mySite.com</Alias>
  <Alias>192.168.1.166</Alias>
  <Alias>207.97.248.156</Alias>
  <Context docBase="/var/www/mySitelocal_stage/philly" path="" />
     directory="logs"
     prefix="www_phillymySite_com_log."
     suffix=".txt"
     pattern="common"
     resolveHosts="false"/>
</Host>

IT MUST BE CAUSING THAT.

Please help me out with possible solutions for this problem.

If you need anything else apart from this, then please let me know.

Thank You,