Alessandro Ferrucci wrote:
Hello folks,

I'm getting contradictory information about which is the latest version of
mod_jk.  In a few resources like Professional Apache Tomcat 5 book, and
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc-archive/jk2 it says that mod_jk2 is
a re-write of mod_jk and is much better for apache httpd 2.0 (this makes
sense).  However, when I go to http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/ I
notice the latest release if JK-1.2.26.

That book is a few years out of date. mod_jk2 was abandoned and the important enhancements back-ported to mod_jk

My final question is which JK version should I be using (i.e. which is the
_latest_ jk connector version? If someone could additionally point me to a
source url that would be awesome.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/connectors.html
It is from Tomcat 4 but should give you all you need.

YMMV - I prefer mod_proxy_ajp

Mark