Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am trying to configure SSL on a tomcat 6.0.13. I began by creating a default keystore (using keytool) in the user's directory where the apache tomcat server is installed. From this keystore I generated a server cert request. Once I received the server cert, I loaded the trusted certs and the server cert into the Java5 jre in $JRE_HOME/lib/security/cacerts (again using keytool).

It's hard to say from the error you gave, but it seems it was unable to find the server certificate to present. It's probably because your server certificate should be in the keystore, not in the truststore (which $JRE_HOME/lib/security/cacerts). The terminology can be a bit confusing, but the truststore is a KeyStore where you put the CA certificates that are going to be used for trusting client certificates (since you're running a server); the keystore KeyStore is where your own information is: your private key and the server certificate you obtained. Perhaps you should try to store the certificate you obtained into the keystore file from which you generated the CSR, and use it as the keystore.

Best wishes,

Bruno.