Hi,

I have a Tomcat that has a thread that reads entries from a DB and handles
them. In each cycle, it reads all the entries (to a certain limit). I would
like to set up a configuration that has a failover Tomcat, that when the first
one crashes the second starts to read from the same DB (or a replicated,
doesn't matter) and handle entries.
I wouldn't want the second Tomcat to read from the DB, because it would harm
the operation of the first when the first is up. I would like it to start
working only when the first is down...

How can I know in the second Tomcat that the first have crashed? can mod_jk
help?

Thanks.