Dear Tokajac,

I want to monitor performance of Tomcat server when I'm running an
application.

Memory usage, threads, objects, user sessions, sql queries and as
much as
possible of other information on server.

JMX is the way to go. JConsole was already suggested. If you want to
really monitor the performance of an application you also need
information from the actual host (disk I/O load, network load,
processor load, RAM fill level.

You should consider that tools such as JConsole only show data that is
gathered as long as JConsole is running. External monitoring tools
also allow you to gather information continuously, across reboots and
new software versions. That gives you the ability to 1) do long term
resource requirements prediction and 2) see what version of your
application introduced or solved the memory leak. :)

There are loads of tools out there that can do this. Personally, I use
http://www.zabbix.com
, combined with the Zapcat JMX to Zabbix bridge
(http://www.kjkoster.org/zapcat/Tomcat_How_To.html
).
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
06-51838192

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe
so full of wonders,
they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry
Partchett