Hi,

I'm trying to develop a web app using JDK1.6 and Tomcat 6.0.18 and JPA.  When
creating a new web app in Netbeans 6.1, I chose the Java EE 5 version.  Then I
proceed to create Entity Classes from Databases which were successful.  If I
try to create JSF pages from Entity Classes, I get:
The class javax.transaction.UserTransaction is unavailable. Add an appropriate
jar file ...

After adding javaee.jar from Glassfish v2 into my web app and deployed the web
app, I got this error:
INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already.
Could not load java.lang.Object.  The eventual following stack trace is caused
by an error thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate
the thread which caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.
java.lang.IllegalStateException
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1273)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)

I think it's because of the javaee.jar causing conflict with tomcat's jar files.

I know that Tomcat is only a web container but is there a way I can implement
JavaEE5/EJB3.0 for full Persistence support without having to switch to
Geronimo 2.x or Glassfish v2/v3?  (I think this is a stupid question but I just
want to know my options :) I rather not switch to Glassfish if I don't have to
because of default directory browsing Glassfish has :D

Thanks,
Tommy