--- On Sun, 8/24/08, Meir Yanovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Meir Yanovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: How to block part of application based on ip filtering
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 7:38 AM
> Hello all
> im using tomcat as the web server , and i have reverse
> proxy that
> redirect to the tomcat
> i like to be able to restrict the users that redirected
> from the
> reverse proxy server to be able to
> enter only one section of the application .
> now i was reading the configuration and i found only the
> possibility
> to allow / deny based on ip with :
> org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve , but how can i
> allow from
> ip x to enter only section Y of the application .
> thanks

Hi Meir,

I think the only possible approach is within the application itself since you
want to limit access to certain portions of the application.  You can use the
request.getRemoteAddr() of the HttpServletRequest.  If you store the
information (URL & IP) in the database, you can change it dynamically as you
need to :).  Also, you can log for repeated attempts of hacking ;)

Regards,
Tommy