Prior to tomcat6 you could happily deploy a 'bar.war' to a context like
'/foo/bar' simply by including a context.xml file in the META-INF
directory of the war

with content  <Context path='/foo/bar'/>.

we can no longer get this to work - the only way we can get a subcontext
recognized is by  putting this Context element in the server.xml (which
then causes autodeployment to both '/bar' and '/foo/bar').

We have tried using the TomcatClientDeployer aswell as deploying on
start up and through the web interface to manager to no avail

are we missing some subtle change from tomcat5 to 6 that is causing
this?

Ta

Trevor Paterson PhD
new email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Bioinformatics
The Roslin Institute
Edinburgh University
Scotland EH25 9PS
phone +44 (0)131 5274477
http://www.roslin.ed.ac.uk <http://www.roslin.ed.ac.uk/>
http://www.comparagrid.org <http://www.comparagrid.org/>
http://www.thearkdb.org <http://www.thearkdb.org/>

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland
with registration number SC005336
Disclaimer:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If
you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the
sender.