losintikfos wrote:
Thanks for your reply Mark! unfurtunatly the url sent to me contains only
language reference which i am not familier with. Do you know the original
command and where to put, to enforce the security?

I am using Tomcat 6

markt-2 wrote:
losintikfos wrote:
Hi Experts,

I am trying to secure my tomcat manager web console from been seen from
the
internet. For example if i open the browser and type the internet address
of
the server, it displays the console where ever i am in the world and
therefore want to hide it from been displayed to WAN users.

Can someone help me:working:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html

You want the remote address filter.

Mark

Hi ,

$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/manager.xml

cat manager.xml
<Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true">

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve" allow="127.0.0.1,192.168.1.107"/>

    <!-- Link to the user database we will get roles from
<ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase" type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
      -->

</Context>

Alex