Rainer Jung wrote:
Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
So, what are your thoughts on the subject? Ever seen something like
that in the wild? Or at least in the lab? A balancer that can be
reconfigured (almost) online and one that allows for requests to the
node being evicted to finish, first.
Both actions are possible via the status worker GUI. What's missing is making the change persistent from the GUI. If you change a workers state only via the GUI and restart Apache, the change will be overwritten by the configuration on disk. So in order to make those changes persist over the next httpd restart, you'll also need to enter it into the config file. Chaning the status in mod_jk does not need you to restart (even gracefully) Apache though. The change applied via the status GUI will immediately become active for all Apache children.

At the risk of thread-jacking, I have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone have a CSS for the status worker output page that they'd like to share? The existing HTML is pretty hard to read. 2. Common sense says that the status worker URL should be secured. The documentation says that we are urged to use the builtin features of our webserver to secure the status worker. With apache this is trivial because apache can deal with the request before handing it off to mod_jk. With IIS, JK is implemented as an ISAPI filter. Because of this, JK traps any requests bound for a URI that it knows how to handle long before IIS can get a chance to secure it. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to secure this thing using IIS?

Thanks,
Brantley Hobbs