My experience is also that java likes more memory on 64-bit systems. But I
can't prove or explain it.

Ronald.

On Mon Sep 01 13:41:18 CEST 2008 Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
wrote:

Subject: Ignorance about some things.
Date: Mon Sep 01 13:41:18 CEST 2008
From: Manuel Trujillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi!

Excuse me if this question is not correct for this list (also about my
bad english...).

I have two machines with tomcat 5.5. One is an Opensuse 10.3 32 bits,
the other is the same *but* in 64 bits. Same hardware, same config,
same... all.
In the 32 bits machine we haven't any error about insuficient java
memory; never, while into the 64 bits we need to make an "automatic"
restart of tomcat every 50 minutes.

Is the java 64 bits more "memory-eat" than 32 bits?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

--
Manu