> From: Steve G.B. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I'm trying to overload the Virtual Machine on which I've
> installed the two Tomcats.

To check: this is a virtual computer (on a physical host computer) running a
virtual operating system on which you are running two copies of Tomcat in two
separate Java virtual machines?

> But I can't exceed a 50% of CPU Utilization.

How many virtual cores have you set up?  How many physical cores on the host
computer do you have?  How many of those are allocated to the virtual computer?

> I believe it's a JVM limitation.

What JVM are you using?  If it's a Sun one, I don't believe you ;-).  I've
saturated 8-core processors on 1.4 and 1.5 with no issues; I can't see that
having regressed in 1.6, although I don't have personal experience.

> Is there a way to change jvm configurations
> in order, for example, to create even more threads?

Depends on your JVM.  But I'm willing to bet that the bottleneck is in one or
more of:
- Your test harness;
- Your web app (do all the threads access a common object?);
- A library you're using that single-threads;
- Your back-end systems, such as your database server.

                - Peter