Hello,

I am getting the following error when starting up Tomcat 6.0.16 on Windows 2003:

"Sep 2, 2008 4:18:13 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat
Native library which allows optimal performance in production
environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;D:\Perl\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS"

Here's
the catch, I do have the library installed in the bin directory (the
very same bin referenced in the PATH above). I downloaded version 1.1.14.0 from
http://tomcat.heanet.ie/native/1.1.14/binaries/win32/ and tried to just "drop
it in" the bin directory. I don't know why it
doesn't work. I also tried putting it in my windows\system32 directory,
but with the same result.

I've done a lot of research on the
'net, and found lots of other people that have this problem. However,
most seem to have the problem resolved by putting the library in the
right place, such as described in this earlier mailing list posting:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg29111.html

Any ideas on what is going on here?

Brian Clark