Hello,

I am trying to get Tomcat 6.0.18 to run on my Win2k3 x64 edition server. I
basically did the same thing talked about here:
http://markmail.org/message/kptleixb6duxgwhm
but it didn't work for me. I didn't use the service.bat install though. I
installed the service manually with the sc.exe command.

I am using the 64-bit 1.6.0_06 JDK.  I don't get any Windows errors, the
service start process just times out. My catalina and jakarta logs don't have
anything useful. The logs seem to indicate that Tomcat started up fine--only it
didn't.

When I start up Tomcat from the command line, it works fine. I did have to
check the box in tomcat6w.exe to allow the service to interact with the desktop
to run it from the command line though. That seemed a little weird.

Anyone successful in running Tomcat 6 as a 64-bit service?

Thanks,
Brian