Greetings

I have a JSP which uses the sun.com rssutils.jar to read and display an
RSS feed.

I have noticed that when I run the page  and then look at netstat -anp
that there is a ESTABLISH connection from tomcat to the RSS feed site.

The goes from ESTABLISH -> FIN_WAIT to goes away.
If I wait for it to go away then everything works fine.
If I try to make a third connection while in FIN_WAIT state I get the
FileNotFoundException or NullPointerException
implying that the feed/site is unavailable

Is there anyway to Force Close the connection sooner using some
configuration setting and/or additional code ???

Thanks in advance

Barry