randomw wrote:

I've been trying to upgrade from Tomcat 5.5.26 to Tomcat 6.0.18 for the past
couple days but just cannot get https to work.  Everything works as expected
in Tomcat 5.5.  Plain old http works in Tomcat 6, but the moment I try to
switch to https, the connection just times out.
[...]
My server.xml looks like this:

    <Connector port="443" scheme="https" secure="true"
      clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
      keystoreFile="path to my.keystore" keystorePass="myPassword"
      acceptCount="100" enableLookups="false"
      connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
      />

Any ideas what might be the trouble here?  I'm pretty much at the end of my
rope.  All other references to problems of this sort that I can find relate
to using APR, which I'm not.

Try adding SSLEnabled="true" to the Connector's attributes.

Regards
  mks