if you're in Ubuntu and want to exec a process with elevated privileges
try Coggshall's (sp?) sudo utility
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudo

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.