Silvio Rainoldi wrote:
> When I try to write a file in a folder in the server I get this error:
>
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException: Processing
> of multipart/form-data request failed. /home/www/virtual/test/images/htdocs/
> flyers/upload_1ed3f2d1_11c313f7288__8000_00000000.tmp (Permission denied)
>
> The folder is set to chmod 777... Help please (sorry for my bad english)

The issue could also be caused by any folder above the desired one having
too strict access privileges. The accout under which your Tomcat is running
must have effective 'x' permission for each directory level above the desired
one (including the root directory, '/'). Also, it may be that the path listed
above is not the physical one, but consists symbolic links making shortcuts
across some of the physical directory levels. You'll need to check for that
and trace the actual physical directories on the path.

So, initially it looks that you'll need to check access permissions for
directories
/
/home
/home/www
/home/www/virtual
/home/www/virtual/test/images/htdocs/flyers

But now, if f.ex. /home happens to be a symbolic link to
/vol1/homes/w/www,
you actually need to check permissions for
/
/vol1
/vol1/homes
/vol1/homes/w
/vol1/homes/w/www
/vol1/homes/w/www/virtual
/vol1/homes/w/www/virtual/test/images/htdocs/flyers

(and of course, if any of the "directories" in this path happen to
be symbolic links, you'll need to "unroll" them to the physical directory
path just as well)
--
..Juha