Darryl Pentz wrote:
Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your responses. I did read them on the day that you posted them but
only got a chance now to respond. Needless to say I have gone with a simple
HttpURLConnection solution, as my choice out of other suggestions given to me
in other threads, of using numerous other solutions including RMI, HttpInvoker,
JMS, etc. Eventually, the simple HttpURLConnection is nice and lightweight for
my needs right now. And now that the beast that is the Commons HttpClient is
out of the mix things are far more efficient.

I bumped into this by accident, and have no idea if it's still valid, but maybe interesting :

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-03-2001/jw-0323-traps.html?page=2

André