Hi, I have tomcat clustering working well with an apache load balancer in front
(sticky session). I have around 10 at the moment, and I soon need to add at
least 20 to 30 more. The configuration for session replication is "all-to-all",
using multicast. My aim is to reduce the session traffic between servers, so I
am looking for alternatives. The Tomcat 6 book (o reilly) states:

"If you find that you have too many nodes in your cluster for all-to-all
replication, you can [..] segment your network such that half of your nodes are
in one group and half are in another group" (or implement primary/secondary
clustering).

I assume that segmentation is done by supplying a different multicast ip/port
to the two groups, however, how will the apache (mod_proxy) know the right
group member to fall to?

Regards,
K. Phillips