Hello,

I run Tomcat 6.0.x as a service on Windows 2003, using Sun JDK 1.6. I was
trying to use the jstack program, part of the JDK, to get a stack dump from
Tomcat/Java on my server. However, I ran into a problem. First of all, Tomcat
on Windows seems to "hide" the JVM instance. Java doesn't show up in my process
listing. I tried running jstack against the  Tomcat PID but it errored out.

Any idea how to make jstack work with Tomcat running as a service on Win2k3?

BTW:  I can get a stack dump using a tool like Sun's VisualVM, but I wanted to
use jstack as part of a script, which I obviously can't do with VisualVM.

Thanks,
Brian