Tim Funk wrote:
> vnc might have acceptable performance. Not sure if you'd run into issue
> by installing vncserver.
>
> -Tim
>
> Bill Davidson wrote:
>> Tim Funk wrote:
>>> An easy kludge is to run jconsole locally on the server and send the
>>> display to yourself.
>>>
>>> ssh -Y yourserver (or ssh -X server YMMV)
>>> $JAVA_HOME/bin/jconsole pid
>>>
>>> No iptables tricks needed.
>>
>> I'm running the client on a Windows machine.  I did try Cygwin/X
>> and an ssh tunnel with Putty.  The performance was bad enough to
>> be effectively unusable.

I got bitten by this recently. I am working on a LifecycleListener (that
can be configured in server.xml) that fixes both ports that are used by
jconsole. This makes it much easier to configure firewalls, tunnel through
PuTTY etc.

If I get it finished in time, it will be in 6.0.19+. If not, a later
version. Keep an eye on the change log and/or the dev list.

Mark