Hi,

Just a thought, but you might want to check the permissions on the jar files. I've gotten errors like that when I lacked permission to read.

Regards,
Dave

On Sep 30, 2008, at 6:54 AM, AlexM3 wrote:

Hello,

Firt of all thanks for your fast answer.

- My Java versiĆ³n is jdk1.5.0_06, it's the same that is using the old Tomcat 5 and it works. Anyway I've tried to remove aplication.jar and an error asks
for him.

- I've tested my linux system "mail" function and it works, the aplication
deployed in Tomcat 5 works too.

- My context.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- The contents of this file will be loaded for each web application -->
<Context>
       <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
                   type="javax.mail.Session"
                   mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>

</Context>

- What i've done to configure the mail is the same as your guide Albretch
says:
1. Copy mail.jar and activation.jar to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
2. Edit context.xml and add the ressource mail/Session:

<Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session"
mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>

3. Edit web.xml and add the resource-ref:

<resource-ref>
 <description>
   Resource reference to a factory for javax.mail.Session
   instances that may be used for sending electronic mail
   messages, preconfigured to connect to the appropriate
   SMTP server.
 </description>
 <res-ref-name>
   mail/Session