Hello,

I'm writing an http client application. When on the server Tomcat is configured
to require an
authentication (basic) my client raise a strange error. If authentication is
disabled then it
works fine.
I analyzed the communication using WireShark and I noticed a strange behaviour.
The
server answers with 401 before it has received the whole content send from
client. In fact it
seems that the answer become right after the server has received the http
header.

Is this behaviour intentional? If yes, why?

The Tomcat version is 5.5.26

Bye, Maurizio.