----- Original Message ----- From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 3:42 AM
Subject: RE: Support

From: Johnny Kewl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Normally I always recomment lagging a JRE version as well...
avoid bleeding edge...

JRE/JDK 6 has been around for almost two years now, so I don't think the 1.6.0_07 download is at all risky. On the other hand, the 1.6.0_10 release really is bleeding edge. Sun's current versioning scheme does border on the incomprehensible...

- Chuck

Time flies... damn.
You right its not really a TC server issue, the thing thats at the back of my mind is that companies are lazy... and I havnt checked lately, but hopefully Apple has sent out some scouts an discovered theres a new JDK ;) In theory JDK 6 targeting 5 should be a safe bet, and on TC it is... but Swing and stuff like that, build it targeting 6, and if then try move it back to JRE 5... it hurts ;)

TC is almost immune, its a tough product... but what we find its that in the IDE we have both JDK 5 and JDK 6 loaded... again not really a TC issue. Sun really seem to be on a mission... for 10 years they were sleeping, but now they moving at dizzy speed, your customers may not be.

The only real POJO Application Server.