Robert

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Oct 9, 2008, at 22:20, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Robert Hufsky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat 6.0.18 empties tomcat-users.xml

Before starting, $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml contains the
default user entries.

Look again - they're all commented out.

After starting Tomcat, $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml is pretty
much empty and looks like

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
</tomcat-users>

That's expected behavior. If you don't want Tomcat to rewrite the file on startup, set the readonly attribute to "true" in the <Resource> element for UserDatabase in the conf/server.xml file.

 - Chuck