Arun M wrote:
I need to know the hardware requirements in CentOS for hosting a website
which have 1000 concurrent users. I am using Tomcat 5.5, Mysql 5.1 and Java1.5.

That depends a lot more on your application and usage patterns than on
the OS/application server/database server.

We are planning to host two servers one for application server and other for
database server.

That's a good basic division.

What should be hardware requirements for Both Servers like RAM, Harddisk,
Max Processors etc.,

"Model it and measure". Though, be critical of your measurements, too.
I've been involved in a case where the developers were claiming that an
application running on a two-machine cluster with 2GB JVM heaps on each
machine did require at least 4GB heap/machine. After proper
investigation, a memory leak in the application server (not Tomcat) was
found, and eventually corrected by the server vendor. After the
correction, the JVM heaps were lowered to 1GB/machine, and most possibly
could be lowered even further.

So, in as early stage as possible, create some kind of test setup where
you can see effects of different work loads on your servers. Extrapolate
from results, and as you gain knowledge of the application and workload,
rerun your tests to get better estimates.
--
..Juha