a shame that you cant specify that attribute via %JAVA_OPTS%
maybe look at writing a set_8005 script which writes that <specific_port> to
%TOMCAT_HOME%/conf/server.xml
should be fine as long as you execute the script before starting TC ..

any other suggestions?
Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.