Hi,

I recently started using Tomcat 6 but can't configure it to map
subdirectories to same servlet within the default context. I didn't have
problems with the same setup in Tomcat 5.

Here is an example.

http://mysite/test.html - maps to the application servlet and works as
expected
http://mysite/directory/test.html - doesn't maps to the application
servlet and fails to display correctly

The second link works only after I create an additional context, but
it's not an acceptable solution because there are many directories in
application base.

<Context path="directory" docBase="" />

In web.xml I have the following servlet mapping:

        <servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-name>appServlet</servlet-name>
          <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

I tried different url patters to match subdirectories, but neither one
worked:
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
<url-pattern>/directory/*</url-pattern>
<url-pattern>directory/*</url-pattern>

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ross

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential
and not for third party unauthorized distribution"