Hi All,

I'm trying to work with symbolic links in Tomcat. I know you have to edit
the context etc and it works perfectly: I have a webapp which is a symbolic
link to a folder and I can successfully link to all the files in the folder,
also to subfolders in that folder. e.g.
http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/subfolder1/subfolder2/test.html

However, when I add a symbolic link within the folders tomcat does not pick
it up and does not follow the link. I've already tried restarting tomcat,
among other things.

E.g. http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/subfolder1/symLink/test.html returns
404.

Anyone have any idea how to get this to work?

I basically want to have a webapp which serves picture files and movies but
I want to be able to add/remove folders to the webapp. It would be so easy
to simply add/remove symbolic links pointing to the folders I want served.

Tomcat is latest, java 1.6, Linux Ubuntu Hardy.

Thanks,
azMoose