>> I have the following configuration (config files below) and am
>> encountering the error
>> “ajp_connection_tcp_get_message::jk_ajp_common.c (1033): wrong
>> message format 0x4854 from 127.0.0.1:8082” when attempting to access
>> a URL that matches one of my JKMounted entries. My versions are
>> listed below, my workers.properties entries are supplied, my
>> relevant http.conf entries are supplied, and the debug log from
>> mod_jk.log is supplied. mod_jk was built from source because of the
>> known issue of the latest mod_jk builds not working properly with
>> the 2.2.3 version of Apache httpd.
>>
>> Can anyone provide some insight as to why I’m getting this error
>> message? Is it my combination of Tomcat, Apache, mod_jk? Is there
>> something that mod_jk is expecting but not getting from Tomcat?
>>

> Mod_Jk needs to talk to tomcat via the ajp protocol.  You need to define
> an ajp connector and point mod_jk at that port.

Thanks. It all makes sense now. The Tomcat Connector documentation assumes
that you have a default Tomcat config which includes ajp by default. I
happen to be using a custom Tomcat config file produced by someone else. I
didn't recognize the significance of the use of port 8009 in the examples.
Not being familiar with ajp and not seeing anything in the mod_jk or JK
documentation that reminds you that this assumption exists (or suggests
that you ensure an ajp connector is defined), I missed the tomcat side of
the configuration.

 - Virgil